Whisper Power Marine Generators
- The SC Series of 3000 RPM generators are extremely compact and silent – and have an excellent size/power ratio.
- The SQ Series of 1500 RPM generators are fitted as standard with a robust sound protection enclosure, and are also available as a chassis without a sound shield.
- Their unique Genverter© series are hybrid generators, with variable speed, but with an additional inverter/battery charger, the WPC Power Centre, capable of providing sine wave AC power to the various on-board appliances. The battery is automatically charged by the WPC’s Power Centre.
The Genverter© combines the latest diesel engine technology with a new way of producing electrical power. Instead of adding an alternator with fixed speed on the back of the fly-wheel, we have designed a very compact permanent magnet alternator (PM), located just behind the engine. As a result, these systems are much smaller and lighter compared to traditional generators.
- The output voltage of the generator is not dependent on the RPM (revolutions per minute) of the generator. The generator RPM can be fixed to a position offering the optimal balance between RPM, output power, audible noise and vibration. In most cases the result is 2300 RPM.
- The PM alternator utilizes the same cooling circuit as the main engine making the installation much more simple.
- The output voltage / power of the PM can be used for various purposes including integration into DC systems. For example with our DC PowerCube concept or as an inverter based variable speed generator, our Basic range.
- Our Genverter ‘I’ versions are HYBRID generators: variable speed just as with our Basic version, but with an additional inverter / battery charger, our WPC Power Centre, capable of providing sine wave AC power to the various on board appliances. The battery is automatically charged by the WPC’s Power Centre.