Bow Thruster Installation: Why choose a Side-Power Thruster?
Built for outstanding performance, you can rely on your Side-Power bow thruster or stern thuster year after year. Boat builders all over the world are choosing Side-Power for reliability, ease of installation and unrivalled safety features.
Side-Power thruster performance
The high performance of a Side-Power thruster is the result of years of development and testing.
- Propulsion technology know-how
- 5 bladed composite propellers
- Purpose-built high power electric motors
- Improved waterflow from streamlined gearhouse design
Installation of Side-Power thrusters
Through our extensive experience and close co-operation with major boatbuilders we know how important a correct installation is for the thruster system. Therefore we have made all the preparations to ensure that it is easy to install a Side-Power thruster correctly.
- Compact-sized units
- “Plug and go” electric wiring
- Easily accessible battery cable terminals
- Fast and safe propeller mounting with locknut
- Professional and solid GRP stern thruster kits
- Easy access zinc anodes
Safety Features of Side-Power thrusters
- No overheating of electric motor
- Mechanical protection of drive gear
- Electronic protection against sudden change of drive direction
- No accidental operation from child safe on/off and automatic deactivation
- Selvslukkende reledeksler
- IPC comes standard on all DC electric thrusters reducing solenoid wear and the risk of lock in.
- Production, assembly and quality control taking place in our ISO-certified factory in Fredrikstad, Norway
Guide to Side-Power Thruster Technology
Key to Side-Power thruster technology
5: Gearleg galvanically separated from electro motor to protect immersed parts from accidental short circuit or current leaks.
6: Compact streamlined gearleg minimises water resistance and reduces cavitation.
8: Composite Q-Prop propellers for maximum efficiency and minimal noise.
9: CNC-machined and assembled to perfect tolerances.
10: Hardened spiral-cut gears for extended lifetime, low noise and more compact gearleg design.
11: Pre-filled gear-leg for easy installation and less maintenance. High quality oil for extended lifetime.
12: Closed solenoids to prevent dust and pollution on contacts.
13: Easily accessible power terminals.
14: Thermal switch prevents overheating.