Dockmate® by JPC Direct & Karl Day Marine Services
We’re delighted to be working with our colleagues at Karl Day Marine Services, to introduce you to Dockmate® – a unique, all-in-one docking and remote control system, which brings together the control of thrusters, engine, windlass, anchor winch and horn – in one hand-held controller the size of a mobile phone.
The Dockmate® is a wireless extension of your engine controls, which allows you to manoeuvre your boat from any where on board.
Based in Ipswich, Karl Day Marine cover mainly the area from the Thames Estuary to Ipswich and beyond, but in conjunction with JPC Direct will now also undertake installations throughout Norfolk and the Norfolk Broads, with other locations also considered.
There are various models suited to different types of craft and electrical specifications – and you can read more about these below.
How To Get A Quote for a Dockmate® System
N.B. Please note that these controllers will not be for sale on the JPC website.
Dockmate® Systems & Controllers
Dockmate® SINGLE (For Conventional Drives)
Ideal for Sailboats, Single-Engined Sports or Cruisers. Shaft Drive, Sail Drive or Outdrive.
The Dockmate® SINGLE offers a wireless extension of your boat’s controls with the exact same feeling and response time. You can manoeuvre your boat from any place on board. Control one engine, bow thruster, stern thruster, 1 or 2 anchor winches or windlasses, and horn with separate buttons.
The Dockmate® SINGLE runs on 3 replaceable AAA batteries.
Typically, the Dockmate® SINGLE can run on one set of batteries for an entire boating season.
Key features of all Dockmate® Systems
- Automatically take command via the transmitter to make it the active station.
- Automatic shutdown of the transmitter after 30 minutes of non-use.
- Modular construction of the receiver; each receiver can be fully customized in a couple of minutes to the user’s exact specifications, additional control modules can be ordered and installed anytime.
- Easy to hide receiver (8.75 x 8.75 x 2.5″).
- Power supply to the receiver (12 or 24V) from 2 different sources for increased safety.
- 3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty and 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
Dockmate® TWIST (For Conventional Drives)
Dynamic Control for twin-engined boats with bow thruster and stern thruster functionality. Intelligent integration of throttle and thruster control as standard.
Key features of the Dockmate® TWIST
- Manoeuvre your boat from any place on board.
- Control one or two engines, thrusters, and horn with the proportional joystick.
- Control bow thruster, stern thruster and 1 or 2 anchor winches or windlasses with separate buttons.
- Twist the joystick to rotate your boat.
- The 3-axis joystick allows you to push the joystick in all directions (360°): forward, backwards, sideways, and diagonally and everywhere in between.
- Push down on the joystick to activate the horn.
- Software allows us to calibrate and configure the joystick so its behavior is best adapted to your boat’s equipment.
- The joystick is also proportional, which enables the proportional control of engines and thrusters, if your equipment supports it.
Dockmate® TWIST VECTOR (For Pod Drives)
Excellent for POD Drives or twin-engined vessels that uses intelligent joystick functionality. Proportional throttle and thruster controls available.
If you have a boat with Volvo Penta IPS or any Volvo Joystick, the Dockmate® TWIST VECTOR is the one for you.
Dockmate® TWIST VECTOR offers a wireless extension of your boat’s joystick with the exact same feeling and response time. We aim to support more POD propulsion systems (like Zeus Pod) in the future.
All boats with electronic engine controls can be equipped with the Dockmate® system, regardless of the length or type of the boat. Both versions of our Twist transmitters, preferably worn with the included neck strap, are completely waterproof and float.
It is only the size of an iPhone and has a very simple, clear layout.
In our most simple configuration, the Twist transmitter sends a coded digital signal to the receiver which operates the engine(s) and horn. The system can be extended modularly to also control the bow thruster, stern thruster and windlass.
Key features of the Dockmate® TWIST VECTOR
- If you have a boat with Pod Drives, then the TWIST for pods is the one for you.
- The TWIST transmitter offers a wireless extension of your boat’s joystick with the exact same feeling and response time.
- Control engines or POD system with the fully proportional joystick.
- Operates Dynamic Positioning System (DPS) when installed.
- Allows you to engage High Mode.
Dockmate® TWIN for Conventional Drives
Great for twin-engined Cruisers with Thruster Controls. Use both Engines, Bow and Stern Thrusters independently.
Dockmate® TWIN offers a wireless extension of your boat’s controls with the exact same feeling and response time. You can maneuver your boat from any place on board and control 2 engines, bow thruster, stern thruster, 1 or 2 anchor winches or windlasses, and horn with separate buttons.
The Dockmate®TWIN runs on 3 replaceable AAA batteries. Typically will run on one set of batteries for an entire boating season.
All Dockmate® systems have 2 way transmitter – receiver communication using 5 channel Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS), ensuring highly reliable transmissions.
Key features of the Dockmate® TWIN
- Visual and audible confirmation on the transmitter of the receiver status.
- Range of 150 feet (50 metres) and can be extended for a minimal charge.
- Transmitter has a rubber finish, is waterproof and floats.
- Transmitter has a rechargeable lithium polymer battery and includes a wireless re-charger.